As we move forward in this email series we will continue to explore
change through the interplay of innate ways of being and the impacts of
social programming. Remember that this series is grounded in the idea
that we can become the CEO of our lives.
When we begin to perceive ourselves as capable of overseeing our
thoughts, feelings, and behaviors we become empowered. This impacts our
lives greatly and spills out into the world in positive ways. We deserve
to expect more from ourselves, and the world needs us to be more then
we are now.
- how we see ourselves has been habituated over time.
- how we see ourselves will always impact our outcomes.
- relapse in good intentions is always a sign that the subconscious mind has not yet accepted a newly, freely chosen identity.
Spend some time being curious about the questions below. Decide now that
you can begin to deliberately adjust how you perceive yourself. Take
out a sheet of paper and play with some words, be gentle and generous
with yourself. As you write think of your subconscious mind as
listening, as being influenced by what you are offering. Recognize that
the messages you are offering yourself are important. Choose your
language carefully. It may be helpful to review email 7.
1. A little down the road, how would you like to be able to describe yourself…to yourself?
2. A little down the road, how would you like someone you love and respect to describe you?
Remember this is a sequential email newsletter. Reviewing past emails will help you to absorb the information being offered.
Terri Lee Cooper MSc. RSW